Monday, July 6, 2009

Update

It's been a while, a lot has happened.I'm not going to get into some of the details, I'll leave something for Jenna to write about.
We got hotels in Obama and Kyoto, but unfortunately we had bad timing with the hut on Mt Fuji but we're going to go on it anyways!
So the countdown starts now.We leave the 30th of this month, so 24 days to go!
I got a new video camera for the trip but I'm considering taking my mom's camera too, just as a precaution.
But then again, I overthink things.
I got in touch with a friend from when I lived in Hawaii and she got me in touch with her friend who lives in Japan and the friend gave me alot of advice and tips about Mt. Fuji as well as encouragement and kindness, and I look forward to meeting her and seeing her face to face.But I'm also nervous. I'm thinking, what if I offend her? What if I can't understand her? What if things are awkward and we have nothing to talk about? But then I think..'I'm visiting Japan for the first(hopefully not the last) time, I can ask her questions about her city and about Japan and about herself.So..hopefully we can be friends.
I'm looking forward to this and I'm overwhelmed at this point by everything. Jenna and I got together last friday to plan things, our schedule for the trip and got so overwhelmed and sidelined by the sheer volume of things to know:the maps,the directions, the names,the places,where things are and which is better to access on a certain day and it was alot!
But I'm sure it'll all work out and we'll have fun and we'll have tons to post about and share when we get back.
I seem to be doing more of the blogging than Jenna, don't I?
Edit: I've been mapping our various destinations on this neat site, diddlefingers, but for some reason I can't print out the whole map of all the places, only town by town, which makes sense now that I think about it. But anyways, in case people want to see what/where we're going to go, go here: MAP

No comments:

Post a Comment